Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Poem : I Was Free Here For A Time

Time sold cheaper than all my words; I was free here for a time. With all the old lists of all my old losings as company through my chores; the doors still spun all the same and I was free here for a time.

Words stank so softly of cinder; I was free here for a time. Ears a' ringin' loftily and spirit soarin' loftily and loftily I lived for no more; I remembered little all the same and I was free here for a time.

Cinder burned through all my mind; there was only this and nothing more. With my time all sold and my words grown cold; I was free here for a time.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking you were free and that now is all lost is just wrong - now you are getting free by saying get fucked to the booze and staying clean and straight sober.
    That's what I call being free...
    Come and share, love to have some of your thoughts at 100 Days Sober

    ReplyDelete